16 - 19 Bursary Fund
The 16 - 19 Bursary Fund is available to provide financial support for students. It aims to help those most in need and is awarded subject to meeting specific eligibility criteria (see details below).
The following awards are currently available:
Vulnerable Bursary Award
£1,200 (£30 per week, term-time only). Paid weekly directly into the student's bank account.
- In care or is a care leaver
- In receipt of Income Support or equivalent Universal Credit
- In receipt of both Disability Living Allowance (or Personal Independence Payments) and Employment Support Allowance or Universal Credit
Discretionary Award Tier 1
Weekly amount, term-time only. Paid approximately every four weeks directly into the student's bank account.Please contact your intended place of study for more details.
- Was in receipt of Free School Meals in Year 11
- In receipt of Free School Meals in Year 12/13
- Have a total household income of less than £16,190 (Free School Meals eligibility criteria)
Discretionary Award Tier 2
A one off single payment to assist with specific equipment and resources, educational visits and transport etc. Paid directly into the student's bank account.
- Priority will be given to students resident in a household with a total income of up to £25,000 (Student grant criteria)
In addition to the specific award criteria detailed above; the following must also be met for all:
- Be a student enrolled with us studying a minimum of 12 guided learning hours per week
- Be at least 16 years old but under 19 on 31 August 2017
- Award payments are subject to 100% attendance being achieved (see bursary fund agreement for more details)
How To Apply
Application forms are available from your Student Services Manager in the Sixth Form.